Monday, October 8, 2012

A Favorite Running Route


I recently discovered an awesome place to go running. The route takes me along the train tracks (towards Bern), over a huge bridge covered in interesting graffiti in several languages, through lots of fields and hills, an open highway, and back into the city of Fribourg via the Pont de Zahringen. Of course, it is super easy to follow the paths and avoid getting lost because in Switzerland, all "chemins" (trails) are marked with yellow signs pointing towards major landmarks or cities and showing the distance (in time by foot). Thank you, Swiss organization! This is SUCH a beautiful route, so I thought I'd capture and share the highlights:

Train tracks and cows
About to cross an enormous bridge over La Sarine. The footpath is the lower level of the bridge; trains use the upper level.

My favorite bridge graffiti (even though it is in English)


This guy stared me down while I did some abs in the field.
Crossing the Pont  de Zahringen back into the city of Fribourg. On the bank you can see the "castle" built by an interesting guy living in the basse-ville who likes to keep alive the legendary Bolze traditions of witches and dragons. Above, you can see the Cathédrale Saint-Nicolas, the parton Saint of Fribourg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment